Preparation of doctors at the university as a higher educational institution of Ukraine of the IV accreditation level is carried out at the stages of pre-graduation and postgraduate studies (in internship, magistracy).
Medical faculty – the same age of the twentieth century: on September 1, 1900, the solemn opening of the medical faculty of Novorossiysk University took place in Odessa. In 1920, he was reorganized into a medical academy, and in 1922 – to a medical institute. In 1932 the medical faculty of the Odessa Medical Institute was divided into medical and pediatric. In 1994, when the institute received the status of a university, two faculties of medicine were created from these faculties in the specialties “medical business” and “pediatrics”. In 2011, in connection with the resumption of training of students at the university in the specialty “medical-preventive affair” (sanitary-hygienic), the increase in the number of students and the change of university status from state to national, medical faculty are divided into four. Currently, medical faculties № 1 and № 2 are trained specialists in the field of Medicine in the specialty “Therapeutic Case”, medical faculty number 3 – “Pediatrics”, medical faculty number 4 – “Medico-preventive affair”. Also, at the medical faculty number 4 from 2012, the bachelor’s degree in social-political sciences (specialization – “Practical Psychology (by type)”) and “Social Support” (specialty – “Social Assistance”) have begun.
The educational, scientific and medical-preventive process at the University is carried out by the collectives of 62 departments. The training is carried out by more than 840 teachers – professors, associate professors, senior lecturers, assistants, among them: 2 academicians of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine (Prof. VM Zaporozhan, professor AO Lobenko), 4 correspondent members of the NAMS of Ukraine (professors V. 5 Kreutzwin winners of the State Prize of Ukraine, 2 laureates of the Lenin Komsomol Prize, 21 honored scientist and technician, 19 honored doctors, 3 deputy ministers Employee of education, 3 deserved inventors, rationalizers, 5 members of the Presidium and expert councils of the Department of Personnel Certification and Where MILITARY MONmolodsportu Attestation Commission of Ukraine, 47 members of academic councils.
During the years of existence of the university, well-known scientific and pedagogical schools, which brought the University world-wide fame and which today are leading scholars of our university, have developed and continue to operate successfully:
- Obstetric and gynecological , founded and developed by prominent scientists: A. A. Aharonov, M. A. A .; I. Kukolev, I. A. Rembez, V. Shileiko, Academician of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine V. Zaporozhan;
- Anesthetic, founded by professor Aryayev LM, who is the founder of the first department of anesthesiology in Ukraine and his followers prof. Bishop A.S., Associate Professor of Ukraine, prof. P.M. Chuev, prof. Tarabrin OM
- Biochemical, created prof. Medvedev AK And developed by professors Rosenfeld L.E., Tseverkalov DA, Savitsky IV, Mardashko O.O .;
- Immunological, formed on the basis of the Department of Medical Biology due to the scientific activity of the laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine, Ph.D. Professor of Ukraine Bajori Yu.I.
- Neurological, founded prof. Popov N.M. And developed by his followers prof. Yanyshevsky V.Ye., Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Markelov G.I., Professors V.Sharapov, G.G. Sokoliansky, Honored Worker of Higher School, Professor Kurako Yu.L., Prof. SONOM A.S.
- Ophthalmologic, founded in 1903 by well-known scholar Golovin SS, the follower of which became V. V. Filatov – Academician, Hero of Socialist Labor, Laureate of several State Awards; The successes of the school are closely linked with the names of professors: Kalfa SF, Cherkasova IS, Logaya I.M., Z.D.N.T. Ukraine Wenger G.Yu.
- Pediatric, founded by prof. Yakubovich VF And developed by prominent scientist prof. Gotsiityza SK, Sklotsky AI, prof. Zuzanova VI, Ph.D. Ukraine, prof. Yakimenko T.M. And academician of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, twice the winner of the State Prize of Ukraine, prof. Reznik B.Ya .; Z.n.t. Ukraine, prof. Zubarenko O.V., State Prize winner, prof. Babiy I.L., Corr. NAMS of Ukraine, prof. Aryayev M.L., prof. Kharchenko Yu.P .;
- X-ray, created by Rosenblatt Y.M. And further developed prof. Usachenko MI, z.D. Nt Ukraine, prof. Dubov Ye.D .; Z.n.t. Ukraine, prof. Sokolov V.M .;
- Sanitary-hygienic, created in 1903 with the opening of the Department of Hygiene and the Institute of the same name at the Novorossiysk University, which was headed by prominent scientist-hygienist GV Loop At the same time, the first bacteriological station was opened in Odessa. The specialized departments of communal hygiene, occupational health, food hygiene, etc. were created. It was in Odessa that the first department of epidemiology in the world was founded, headed by Gromashevsky L.V. In the future, already in the medical institute, the chair of hygiene was headed by an outstanding hygienist prof. Stoyanovsky O.F. From 1966 to 1983 The department was headed by his student prof. Babov D.M. The department became the leading in the former USSR on toxicological studies of lubricating and cooling additives and research of the problem of sanitary and hygienic protection of the sea;
- Therapeutic, founded by prof. Voltaire P.A. And associated with the names of professors: Levashova SV, Yanovsky FG, Dmitrenko LF, Strazhesko ND, Ph.D. Ukraine Levin TsO., Academician of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR Yasinovsky M.O., Minakova O.P., Zolotareva A.E., Ph.D. Ukraine Yakimenko OO, Yurlova VM, Polyakova A.E., Zolotorova N.A., Karpenko Y.I., Assoc. Shtanko V.A .;
- Urological, associated with the names of professors Gasparyan AM, Velikanova KA And Kostev F.I .;
- Pharmacologic, founded in 1902 by prominent scholars, prof. Borisov P.Ya. And developed by well-known scientists in the field of pharmacology and toxicology – Professors Lavrov DM, Tsiganov SV, Maksimovich Ya.B., Corr. NAMS of Ukraine, Z.D.N.T. Ukraine, prof. Kreshun VI .;
- Physiological, its founder was prof. Sechenov I.M., and followers – Professors Vergiy B.V., Babkin BLL., Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine prof. Serkov FM, with. D. N. T. Ukraine, prof. Shandra O.A .;
- Surgical, the origins of its creation were the lights of the XIX century Surgery MI Pirogov, Sklifasovsky MV, the followers were professors: Nalivkin AA, Zilberberg Ya.V., z.n.t. Ukraine Deyneka I.Ya., Voloshin M.Ya., Z.D.N.T. Ukraine Dvuzhil’na K.D., z..dn.t. , The winner of the State Prize of Ukraine Dotsenko O.P., Dmitriev B.I., and now there is a Z.D.N.T. Ukraine, prof. Geshelin SO, laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine, Ph.D. Ukraine, prof. Grubnik VV, prof. Grubnik Yu.V. etc.
Training at medical faculties in the direction of “Medicine” in the specialty “Medical business” is carried out through the educational-qualification level 7.12010001 specialist and 8.12010001 master’s degree; On the specialty “Pediatrics” – through the educational-qualification level 7.12010002 specialist, 8.12010002 master’s degree; On the specialty “Medical-preventive affair” – through the educational-qualification level 7.12010003 specialist, 8.12010003 master’s degree.
After mastering the educational-professional program (OPP) of general medical training, a specialist is assigned a qualification – a doctor and he is determined to be able to perform professional work intern intern and a doctor-trainee. The training of medical personnel for the OSP of medical care is carried out at the following educational qualification level: a specialist (full higher medical education) – training is carried out on the basis of complete general secondary education or basic secondary medical education.
Since 2004, the training of specialists in higher education institutions of the III-IV accreditation levels of Ukraine has been carried out with the use of the credit-module system of organization of the educational process.
The credit-modular system for organizing the learning process (KMSONP) is a model for organizing a learning process based on a combination of modular learning technologies and graduation units (ECTS credits).
ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) – European Credit Transfer System as a unit for measuring the student’s student workload. It is based on the amount of educational work done by the student (in the form of loans), with the purpose of accumulation of loans and the possibility of their interdependencies in other higher educational institutions, within the limits of a single European educational space.
Credit ECTS – unit of measurement of the amount of work that must be performed by a student in studying a discipline (module of discipline). One ECTS credit is 30 academic hours and contains all kinds of student’s educational work – classroom classes (lectures, practical classes, seminars) and independent work of students (CPD – preparation for practical classes, writing essays, etc.). To study a certain discipline (module), a student is given a certain number of credits, which are counted only in the case of successful acquisition of knowledge and practical skills provided by the program of work discipline.
The module is a documented, completed and logically united meaning part of the discipline, which is realized through the appropriate forms of the educational process (classroom sessions and CPCs) and ends with the final control. The module consists of content modules.
The content module is a system of educational elements, which is connected on the basis of conformity to a certain educational object.
Thus, the KMSONP includes:
- The study of disciplines structured on the module, as documented logically completed part of the curriculum of the discipline, the practices implemented by the corresponding forms of the organization of the educational process and end with the final module control;
- The introduction of credit credits ECTS as a unit of measurement of the student’s academic load, necessary for the learning of the discipline.
- Parallel application for the assessment of the students of the absolute scale of assessment and assessment scale ECTS, which is a rating.
Preparation of students in medical universities of Ukraine with specialties «Medical case», «Pediatrics», «Medical-prophylactic business» is conducted during 5 years with the specialization on the 6th year according to the unified curriculum, typical and work programs of disciplines.
The training consists of two phases of pre-clinical preparation of the doctor: preclinical and clinical. The educational process is objectively integrated and oriented to the observance of the logical sequence of teaching of disciplines that constitute the appropriate training cycles: humanitarian and socio-economic (foreign, Ukrainian languages for professional preparation, philosophy, foundations of economic theories, etc.), natural sciences (fundamental – Medical biology, biochemistry, normal and pathological anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, etc.) and professional (therapy, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, urology, etc.).
In ONMedU, students’ training takes place in profile departments, which, on the principle of continuity, carry out the training of students 1-6 courses from the fundamental to the professionally oriented disciplines. At the 1st and 2nd year students are studying basic medical and socio-humanitarian disciplines. In our university, students have the opportunity to study in the oldest country’s professional museums – anatomical and pathologoanatomical, which gather unique preparations that are made by the hands of many generations of university students. From the 3rd year begins the study of clinical disciplines.
The system of preparation of doctors in the specialty “Medical business” at the university involves the introduction of pre-graduation stage of training mainly physicians of the general profile, which can at the postgraduate stage to obtain specialization of a general practitioner – a family doctor for primary care, a model that is used in European countries, which enables Young professionals to be competitive in the European and world labor markets.
The peculiarities of the teaching of the specialty “Pediatrics” are the more in-depth training of students in profile departments of propaedeutics of pediatrics, pediatrics № 1, neonatology and bioethics, pediatrics № 2, infectious diseases of children, surgery № 4 with pediatric surgery.
The peculiarities of the teaching of the specialty “Medico-Prophylactic Case” are the more in-depth training of students in specialized departments of general hygiene, hygiene and medical ecology, occupational pathology, clinical laboratory and functional diagnostics, general and clinical epidemiology and biosafety.
In accordance with the curriculum for the specialties “Medical case”, “Pediatrics” and “Medical-preventive affair” all students during the academic year pass industrial practice in hospitals, which is held: on the 2nd course – as care for patients; 3 course – as a nursing practice. Professional clinical practical training of students at 4-6 courses is carried out in accordance with the requirements of educational and qualification characteristics in the study of clinical and hygienic disciplines and in the practice of practice.
The department of graduating departments of the university includes: internal medicine number 3 with the course of nursing; Professional Internal Medicine No. 4; Occupational diseases, clinical laboratory and functional diagnostics; Infectious diseases; Phthisiopulmonology; Anesthesiology, intensive care with postgraduate training; Surgery No. 1; Surgery No. 4 with Pediatric Surgery; Obstetrics and Gynecology No. 1 and 2; Pediatrics No. 1, Neonatology and Bioethics; Pediatrics № 2; Infectious diseases of children; Social medicine and medical management; Hygiene and medical ecology; General and clinical epidemiology and biosafety.
State certification of graduates includes standardized test and practical-oriented state exams. Standardized Test State Exam – Licensed Integrated Exam – consists of two test exams “Step-1”, “Step-2”. “Step-1” is carried out after 3 courses and measures the quality of the professional component of basic higher education in 9 fundamental disciplines (anatomy, histology, medical biology, physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, pathomorphology, pathological physiology, pharmacology).
Licensed Integrated Test Quiz “Step-2. General Drug Training “is a component of the state certification of graduates of higher medical educational institutions and measures the quality indicators of the professional component of full higher medical education after the end of the 6th year. At the end of the 6th year, the graduate is a practically oriented state examination, which is conducted in 2 blocks: the first – internal, professional and infectious diseases; Surgical diseases with pediatric surgery; Obstetrics and gynecology, the second one – infectious diseases with childhood infectious diseases and hygiene, social medicine, organization and economics of health care.
Upon graduation, a graduate for 1-3 years depending on the specialty is an internship, after which he is certified by the standardized test-state exam “Step-3”.
According to the MOH ordered Ukraine of 22.03.2004 p. Number 148 “On measures for implementation of the Bologna Declaration in higher medical and pharmaceutical education” a comparative analysis of medical and pharmaceutical education Ukraine with the European system. On this basis and based on industry standards for higher education in Ukraine created a curriculum for specialists in “Medicine”, “Pediatrics”, “Medical prophylaxis” in universities III-IV accreditation Ukraine for educational qualification of “specialist” with qualification “doctor” (MOH Ukraine of 19.10.2009 p. number 749 as amended on 08.07.2010 g. number 539).
The curriculum is structured in ECTS credits, which enables students to recognize academic achievements regardless of the place of study. The credit includes all types of student’s work, as provided in the approved individual plan: classroom and independent, industrial practice, preparation for state certification, compilation of integrated integrated examinations “Krok-1” and “Step-2”, practical-oriented state examination.
The curriculum is comprised of 6 years of study or 360 ECTS credits. One academic year lasts 40 weeks and includes 60 credits (1 week – 1.5 credits ECTS), 1 credit ECTS is 30 academic hours. The academic year has 1800 academic hours. Students undergo professional practice in 2-5 courses in total 21 credits, of which 12 credits over 60 credits per year.
The general teaching load includes time for conducting lectures, practical, seminar and laboratory classes, consultations, practices, independent and individual work and control activities.
Training at medical faculties is carried out on a budget and contract basis with a full-time form of training.
Distribution of academic groups between medical faculties
|Courses||Medical № 1||Medical № 2||Medical № 3||Medical № 4|
|1 course||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8||9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16||17, 18, 19||20|
|2nd course||1, 2, 3, 4, 5||6, 7, 8, 9, 10||10, 11, 12||13, 14|
|3 year course||13, 14, 15, 16, 17||6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||3, 4, 5||1, 2|
|4th course||1, 2, 3, 4, 5||6, 7, 8, 9||10, 11, 12||13, 14|
|5 year course||1, 2, 3, 4, 5||6, 7, 8, 9, 10||11, 12, 13||14|
|6th course||1, 2, 3, 4, 5||6, 7, 8, 9, 10||11, 12, 13||14|